Skip to content
- View evidence based clinical guidelines for immigrants and refugees
Pottie K, Greenaway C, Feightner J, Welch V, Swinkels H, Rashid M, Narasiah L, Kirmayer L, Ueffing E, MacDonald N, Tugwell P. Evidence based clinical guidelines for immigrants and refugees. (CMAJ 2011 available at http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/collection/canadian_guidelines_for_immigrant_health)
- Learn about diagnosis, management, and prevention of infection in newly arriving refugees
Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases. Draft guidelines for diagnosis, management and prevention of infection in recently arrived refugees. Sydney (Australia): The Society; 2007.
- Incorporate cultural competency in health care
National Health and Research Council AG. Cultural competency in health: a guide for policy, partnerships and participation. Canberra (Australia): The Council; 2005.
Articles with Focus on Immigrant Medicine
- Which principles and practices are being followed in migrant medicine? Check out:
Gushulak BD, MacPherson DW. Migration medicine and health: principles and practice. Hamilton (ON): BC Decker; 2006.
- Learn more about clinical topics relevant to immigrant medicine
Walker PF, Barnett ED, Stauffer WM, editors. Immigrant medicine. Philadelphia (PA): Saunders Elsevier; 2007